If you are planning to RSVP for an event, it may take two to three days for your IANDS member account to become active. However, new members can bring a copy of their membership receipt email to receive their member discount price at the event.
Memberships are available at the following levels:
Special one-year introductory rate for first-time members
Basic Membership for $30 ($40 annually thereafter) includes:
- Vital Signs, IANDS’ quarterly newsletter filled with information about NDEs, current research, articles about related topics, and news about IANDS. Click here for sample articles.
- Member E-News services that notifies you via email about breaking research, article publications, media coverage of NDEs, and member benefits.
- The Monthly NDE e-mail service, a near-death or near-death-like account chosen because of its uniqueness or general interest sent to you each month.
- Large discounts on NDE educational materials including discounts on DVDs and MP3 CDs from IANDS past and recent conferences.
Access to members only sections of the IANDS website.
Supporting Membership for $65 annually
The Supporting membership level is the most popular membership level. It provides the extra financial support IANDS needs to accomplish its mission of encouraging research into NDEs, supporting experiencers as they attempt to integrate their NDE into their lives, and educating professions (healthcare, clergy, educators, etc.) and the general public about NDEs. We hope you can join at this membership level to help us create a future in which people of all walks of life, religions, and cultures will look at near-death experiences as a potential source of meaning and inspiration for a better world.
- Same benefits as Basic membership.
- Unlimited access to the Index to the NDE Periodical Literature.
- A choice of a free DVD or CD of a past conference:
- An MP3 CD audio recording of all the presentations from the 2015 IANDS conference ($75 value)
- DVD from the 2015 San Antonio Conference, “The Gift of Life” by Anita Moorjani ($18 value)
- DVD from the 2015 San Antonio Conference, “Glimpses of Beyond: Revelations from the Heart of the NDE” by PMH Atwater ($14 value)
$65.00Add to cart
Professional Membership for $125 annually – for those seeking the most information on NDEs.
- All the benefits of the Supporting level membership plus…
- A subscription to the Journal of Near-Death Studies, a peer-reviewed quarterly publication serving as the central repository for the most current research and thought on NDEs. Includes articles by scholars from around the world, book reviews, and letters addressing issues raised in previous editions.
- Access to and free listing in the Professional Networking Directory, a database of contact, work, and interest information about each participating IANDS member at the Professional or higher membership levels, and available only to those members.
$125.00Add to cart
Sponsor Membership for $250 annually
This membership level, and those below, significantly contribute to IANDS’ ability to accomplish its mission and have an impact on the world.
- All the benefits of the Professional, Supporting and Basic levels plus…
- 2 free Basic memberships ($30 value each) to give to others as gifts. These gift memberships are valid for new members only – those who have not been IANDS members before – and give you the opportunity to help your friends and relatives access the research, education and support that IANDS offers.
$250.00Add to cart
Patron Membership for $500 annually includes:
- All the benefits of the lower membership levels plus …
- Private luncheon or dinner at the next IANDS conference with a keynote speaker, usually a major researcher, to discuss their research and other breaking developments in the field.
- A free gift from IANDS, usually a book about NDEs.
- The satisfaction that you are materially helping IANDS accomplish its mission.
$500.00Add to cart
Benefactor Membership for $1,000 annually includes:
- All the benefits of the membership levels above.
- One free attendance at the next IANDS international conference, traditionally held in North America. ($400 maximum value)
- Having a major impact on the ability of IANDS to grow and expand its work of making the world a better place.
$1,000.00Add to cart